Mandated Reporters and Exemptions
Mandated Reporters - The Clery Act
The Clery Act requires institutions of higher learning to identify persons on their campuses who are mandated to report crime.
Specifically, the Act requires that the school designate persons who have significant responsibility for student and campus activities but do not have significant counseling responsibilities to report crimes that are made known to them. Based on this criterion, the following CCRI officials should report crime:
- Vice President of Student Affairs and Deans of Students
- Chief and Deputy Chief of College Police and all College Police Officers
- Associate Deans of Students
- Director and Assistant Director of Student Services
- Director and Assistant Directors of Athletics
The list above does not imply that others should not or can not report crime on our campus or that they do not have an ethical or moral responsibility to do so.
Persons Exempt from Mandated Reporting
- Pastoral and professional counselors working in Counseling Services
- Health Services
- Campus Ministry
This page developed and maintained by College Police. Send comments and suggestions to .