Women's Health, Substance Abuse, Mental Health
Community Health Centers provide health care in many locations throughout the state. These centers accept Rite Care and most other types of insurance. They also see patients who have no insurance and fees are based on a sliding scale (or ability to pay). They offer a wide range of services to adults of all ages and children. For a comprehensive list of center, go to www.RIHCA.org or call RI Health Center Association at (401) 274-1771.
- Women's Health
- STD Counseling, Testing and Referral Sites
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse (alcohol & drug) Treatment
- The Nurturing Network
Women's Medical Center of RI
1725 Broad Street
401-467-9111 or toll free 1-800-877-6339
Offers routine gynecological care, pregnancy testing and contraceptive counseling and services. Abortion services and counseling also offered.
Chaffee Health Center
One Warren Way
Obstetrical and gynecological care as well as family planning. Accepts most insurances as well as patients with no insurance. (fee based on sliding scale)
Planned Parenthood provides information related to healthy sexuality. They also provide services related to reproductive health, including emergency contraception and condoms.
Anonymous and confidential testing sites provide free-unless otherwise noted - HIV testing and services. Use contact information to schedule an appointment. For a comprehensive list please see http://www.brown.edu/Departments/BRUNAP/resources.html
- Mental Illness and Substance Abuse, Dual Disorders
- Treatment Centers
- Doric Center - Cranston, RI
- Galilee Mission to Fishermen - Narragansett, RI
- Kent Center - Warwick, RI
- Kent House - Warwick, RI
- Long Term Care - Pascoag, RI
- Mental Health Services - Warwick, RI
- Community Mental Health Center - Middletown, RI
- End the Addiction
- Malibu Drug Rehab
- NTR Detox Centers
- CODAC Behavioral Healthcare - Cranston, RI
- Child and Family Services - Newport, RI
- Center for Behavioral Health - Johnston & Westerly, RI
This page developed and maintained by Associate VP for Student Services. Send comments and suggestions to .