Health Care Interpreter
APPLICATIONS FOR Fall 2017 (INTC)
Please refer to BCI Policy before applying.
(Effective June 1, 2017)
Minimum requirements to apply to the Health Care Interpreter program:
- CCRI application – Complete and submit a CCRI Application for Enrollment. General Studies should be
first choice; INTC should be second choice.
- High school transcript – Send an official copy of a high school transcript or GED® credential, including
date of graduation. If the applicant holds a baccalaureate degree from an accredited
college/university, the high school transcript may be waived; college transcript must
indicate completion and degree awarded.
- Placement testing – Must earn English placement test results (ACCUPLACER) issued by CCRI’s Department
of Advising and Counseling:
- Reading comprehension test must show competency of 80 or above OR students must complete
ENGL 0890: Critical Reading with a grade of “B-” or better.
- Readiness to take ENGL 1005 (College Writing) or higher OR the applicant must have
completed ENGL 0500 (Basics of Composition) with a “C” or higher or ENGL 0250 (Compensatory
Writing Skills) with a “B-” or higher or ENGL 1300: Composition I for Speakers of
English as a Second Language with a “C” or higher.
- Completion of the Versant Oral Proficiency Test in Spanish with a minimum score of
78 (Test available at Knight Campus only.) Requirements above must be completed before taking the Versant Oral Proficiency Test in Spanish.
- Health Sciences application – Complete and submit a performance-based Health Sciences application including a
preadmission degree evaluation.
- Submission of a performance-based Health Sciences application does not guarantee acceptance
to the program. At the time of admission, student must meet the current admissions
requirements. Students declining acceptance into the program must resubmit a performance-based
Health Sciences application and meet the current admissions requirements.
- Application information can be found here - PBHS Application
- Conditionally-accepted students are required to complete the following, and final acceptance is based on this criteria.
- Submit a background check (BCI) through CastleBranch.com when directed by notification
from Enrollment Services. Results of BCI may prevent admission due to clinical agencies'
- Submit all health care requirements to CastleBranch.com by the deadline identified.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HEALTH CARE INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- Student must successfully complete all courses in the Health Care Interpreter program
to be certificate eligible.
- Student must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher throughout the program to be certificate
- Students must have required immunizations completed before any field work.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in RHAB 1010: Medical Terminology of Rehabilitative Health
and INTC 1300: Health Care Interpreting I for progression to INTC 1310: Health Care
Please note: Requirements are subject to change.
Most students in the Health Care Interpreter certificate program attend classes part
time. The “normal” time to complete this certificate would be two (2) semesters (or
12 months). For more information about our graduation rates for this program, the
median debt of students who completed this program and other important gainful employment
information, please visit www.ccri.edu/acadaffairs/gainful-employment/hrs/nursing/interpreter-cert.html.
For enrollment information:
Visit www.ccri.edu/asst-dean-nursing/admiss-docs.html or
Rob Giovino, Associate Director of Admissions, 401-825-2288, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Program Information:
Elizabeth Morais, Foreign Language Department, 401-455-6112 email@example.com