Rosemarie Tavares Proulx
Program InformationAdmission Guidelines
NAACLS National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences - See Histology accreditation information
BLS Occupational Outlook scroll down to Histologic Technician
ASCP American Society for Clinical Pathology provides information on careers in medical laboratory science.
NSH National Society for Histotechnology
Liston Campus Only
- Program Goals
- Program & Course Descriptions
- This is a two-year Histotechnician program offering an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree. National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018. Tel (773) 714-8880.
- From the Catalog:
- Description of Profession
- A histotechnician is an individual who is trained in the preparation and staining of tissue slides for microscopic examination and disease diagnosis by the pathologist. Histotechnicians may be employed in a variety of areas, such as operating rooms, clinics, doctors' offices, research, veterinary pathology, marine biology and forensic pathology. Histotechnicians may preserve organs for later examination, perform enzyme biochemistry of electron microscopy. Histotechnicians may also assist the pathologist in the preparation of frozen tissue sections which are used to provide rapid diagnosis.
- From the AMA:
- Histologic Technician (- PDF file*)
This page developed and maintained by Allied Health. Send comments and suggestions to .