- About CCRI
- Changes in City Street Directions at CCRI
Changes in City Street Directions at CCRI
Providence (Liston Campus)
A message from Director of Administration Bill Ferland
As part of the relocation of I-195 (Iway project), the Rhode Island Department of
Transportation is changing traffic patterns in the neighborhood around CCRI’s Liston
Campus in Providence to improve traffic circulation in the neighborhood. The changes
- The direction of travel on Willard Avenue between Eddy Street and Plain Street will
be changed from two-way to one-way (toward campus). This change is scheduled for tomorrow,
Wednesday, Sept. 8, weather permitting.
- A new off-ramp from I-195 westbound to Eddy Street is scheduled to open on Wednesday,
Sept.15, weather permitting.
The change will prohibit travel on Willard Avenue away from campus toward Eddy Street.
Two alternative routes to leave campus are via Blackstone Street and Public Street.
- To take Blackstone Street: Turn left out of the main campus parking lot onto Staniford
Street. Pass Willard Avenue. Make the next right turn onto Blackstone Street. You
will travel between medical buildings before reaching Eddy Street.
- To leave campus via Public Street: Turn right out of the main campus parking lot onto
Staniford Street. Turn right onto Pilgrim Street; then turn left onto Hilton Street.
Make the first left onto Public Street. This will take you to Eddy Street.
The new off-ramp will enhance access to the neighborhood by providing a direct connection
from I-195 westbound. The new traffic patterns for getting to and leaving the Liston
Campus can be seen on the following PDF * maps.